EnergyPrint is currently looking for a Full Stack Web Engineer to join its growing team.
As a Full Stack Web Engineer at EnergyPrint, you will be responsible for the development, deployment, testing, scalability, and maintenance of our cloud software products and web applications.
You will be on the product team and will report to and work closely with the Senior Technical Product Manager to develop and execute the initiatives on the product roadmap which will be aimed at broadening our customer base, increasing sales, and delighting and empowering our customers and clients with a new level of value and service.
You will provide critical support and development for both our customer front-end web applications and our internal team back-office workflow web applications. Our legacy applications are built in Ruby on Rails and will need to be maintained in this language. New web application developments may be built in a proven language/platform different from Ruby on Rails given adequate business justification.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of current EnergyPrint code and schema, and how our database and front-end application work together
- Take ownership in crafting new software features and products by developing them from white-board to deploy with alignment to our product roadmap
- Write and document efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Develop a strong working knowledge of our business strategy, codebase, data structure and database-schemas
- Diagnose and fix production code problems
- Give accurate time estimates on assigned tasks
- Be open to assisting with DevOps and SRE tasks such as investigating errors and log messages and writing DML scripts, and so-on.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, software development or comparable degree
- 4+ years of experience in comparable software development field
- Experience in JRuby and/or Ruby on Rails required
- Training and experience in multiple other programming languages desired
- Experience with CI/CD practices using Ansible or other code deployment systems
- Experience building web applications with skills in API calls, SSO, UI/UX, CRUD, System messaging workflows, and embedded frames
- Proven experience in relational databases. MySQL experience preferred
- Experience with Git code repository workflows
- Comfortable developing code in Linux environments on AWS
- Ability to effectively communicate in clear plain-English prose in person, via web-conference and in writing
- Experience with project management software (Hive, Trello, Jira, Monday, Teamwork, MS Project, etc)
- Knowledge of MS Office tools
- Basic working knowledge of computers, servers, networking, and internet technology
The successful candidate will be:
- A skilled and ambitious programmer who can see the big picture and think outside the box
- A quick learner, able to grasp new ideas and technologies and adapt to an ever-evolving business model and start-up company culture
- Self-motivated with assigned workloads and will display an entrepreneurial spirit towards driving the creation of new solutions
- Comfortable asking questions with a positive attitude, and a mindset geared towards effective problem-solving
- Able to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Committed to conducting themselves with integrity as a well-regarded representative of the company brand and product
- Able to give and receive clear guidance
- Successful at working alone, on a team, and in a group environment
Compensation and benefits TBD with experience, background, and skill sets.
If interested, please apply on our Indeed.com posting here: